Tuesday, May 22, 2007

20 wks 6 days - 6th week of bed rest

Tomorrow I'll be 21 weeks and my little sweetheart is getting to be quite active, however he chooses when to be active. Yesterday he was a bit lazy, but this morning he was back to his vibrant kicking self again which was reassuring.

Richard and I are bonding with him but still haven't decided on a name. Heck, we haven't really LOOKED seriously for his name. I'm not really sure why we're "dragging our feet" but we're working on it...

The bed rest is challenging, but I'm more accepting of it. My husband is amazing, and has been a real trooper. The Dr. prescribed "NO ACTION in the bedroom" law is difficult on me at times, but for him he is so focused as to WHY we are being forced to abstain. When I try to stress to him how not having any intimacy what-so-ever is so difficult, he just holds me and reminds me that we are doing this for our future, its not permanant, just a temporary state that we have to be in. He tells me that he loves our baby and me to much to be selfish about his physical urges and nothing is more important to him than, us. So from that I have to gather myself again and refocus myself to make sure my eyes are still on the prize, and I'm not being swayed in the wrong direction. Through this I have gained a new respect for him and his strength. He's a super dad and husband, doing all the house work, cooking, laundry, bills, really everything in the house. He has really done so much to try to make this bed rest easier on me, I know I am so lucky to have him. Another person that is really helping us is my mother-in-law. She comes over in the morning around 8:00 and stays till noon and in those 4 hrs she cooks breakfast for me, does the ironing, folds the laundry, makes me lunch and does the dishes, while my husband is at work. I don't know what I'd without her help. I can only get up to potty & to shower so I haven't seen the kitchen or the other rooms in my house, in over six weeks. S-I-X WEEKS! It's so weird to me, I miss my freedom but I know its for the best.

My next appt is May 30th, and my next ultrasound is June 3rd. I can't wait. I know I'm spoiled to have as many ultrasounds as I have, but I've gotten used to seeing him once a month and with the bed rest the time between ultrasounds seems to be dragging.

I promised u/s pics in my last post, but Richard hasn't scanned them for me yet. I will have to get him to do that soon.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I no action is just starting.. I really hope that J and I are as strong as your and Richard. Wish me luck.. you know I will need it.
I am so proud of you, you are doing so well on bed rest. I know it is hard but it will get easier soon.

Hugs,
Jenna

Kirsten said...

I'm SOOO glad you are back!! I was so worried about you but I'm glad to see you are under good care from many angles. I had my first taste of bedrest today with my hosptial stint and it was only a few hours...but it felt like an eternity. I was so glad just to walk outside. But, you have to do what is best for that precious baby boy and I'll bet the time passes faster than you think. Plus, I have a feeling that bedrest is just around the corner for me so we can be bedrest buddies and compare notes on daytime t.v.!!!
Again, I'm glad you're back and can't wait to see the latest pics!! And thanks for keeping up with me through Jenna during all that you went through : )

Sporty said...

I just wanted to say that i am glad that you are doing good. You have remained in my thoughts and prayers. It is good to see you back on here! Congrats on the little boy. I am definitely looking forward to seeing the u/s pics.

Take care!

Sharee said...

wow ... things are really moving along for you, girlie! I'm so happy ... I continue to pray for you and your little one.

As for that "no action" rule ... it's weird how your body will adjust ... don't be surprised if your awoken from a deep sleep as your body "releases" all that pent up tension!

Bed rest is such a difficult thing, but it helps to know others who have survived (you will too!). I understand many of your feelings, so if you ever need to chat/vent .. shoot me an e-mail at momax3angels@yahoo.com.