Thursday, May 31, 2007

Erik's B-day & My Dr. appt

May 27 - Was a day that I'd been thinking about all year, the day our angel son Erik was to turn two. The day finally came and went, and together we got through it. The morning of his birthday I awoke to the sunshine, said a prayer to start my day and wished my son a Happy Birthday. After a late breakfast, Richard loaded up my wheelchair and we went to the cemetery to visit my special little birthday boy. But before we got there, we stopped by the flower shop to get some roses, and balloons. Last year I had made all the preparations for Erik's first birthday, picking out the perfect floral arrangement, buying a cake, making & sending out invites to our immediate family to join us at the cemetery for a balloon release, buying bubbles for my nieces & nephews, ect. So this year with me being on bed rest, I let "daddy" do all the work. At the flower shop he got a dozen white roses, and three balloons. It was so sweet. Richard couldn't decide what theme to go with, so he just went with all of them. One was a birthday balloon with Mickey Mouse (my favorite character), the next one was a sports theme-basketball, soccer ball, baseball & football, and the third birthday balloon had cars, trains, trucks, planes and as Richard says, "very boy-ish." We got there, he wheeled me down into the grass to be near Erik and God couldn't have made it a prettier day. The sun was warm, but hidden behind the clouds, the breeze was cool and so refreshing. We prayed, spent some time out there talking to Erik, and to our surprise my parents showed up shortly after. So all in all, the day went well. I think the good cry I had the night before, helped me get through the day. I cried a little, but for the most part I feel that we were able to celebrate his special day. I know our little Erik is watching over us, and has really "paved the way" for his brother to be here with us, even this long.





May 28- It rained and rained and rained... I'm so glad it did. It was the perfect weather to relax, snuggle up together and watch movies.


May 29- nothin' special happened...


May 30- Yesterday we made it to 22wks, YAY! And I had an Ob appt. and it went well. Dr. measured my belly, and it's measuring on track. Blood pressure was good, urine sample was good, and baby's heartbeat was 152 bpm which is also good. I haven't had any more issues with spotting or bleeding, so I'll be back to see her in 2 wks.


May 31- This morning I had a full house. My MIL & SIL came over and brought my goddaughters/nieces & nephews to visit. They brought me a movie, some magazines, a word search, a coloring book & crayons and a box of candy. They are all so sweet. My nephews were asking if we had decided on a name, and when I told them we haven't they started spouting off names. It was cute, they came out with some "normal" names like Jacob, Brian, Ethan, Brandon... Then it turned into funny, cartoon character names like, Jimmy (Neutron), Bart (Simpson), Donatello & Micheal Angelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) Elmo, and Cailou... We got a good laugh. I told them to keep thinking of good names, because we could use all the help in finding the perfect name.

1 comment:

Sharee said...

times flyin' isn't it?

hang in there!

hugs