Thursday, September 20, 2007

Week 1

We survived week one, whew! I'm here, with 30 gallon trash bags under my eyes, but we're all here, relatively healthy, and we're making it. And through the fatigue, I can honestly say I love, LOVE my new role as mommy.

Today my little man turned 2 weeks old. I just can't believe how fast time has flown by. It seems like we just brought him home yesterday.

Joey's doing great. He's a good eater, sleeper and a Super Pooper! I would of never thought that such a little baby could produce so much poop-and stinkyyyyy!

Joey's new trick: He can hold his pacifier in his mouth (its the cutest thing) but I'm not sure if its intentional or not. But when he gets goin on his pacifier, and he feels it start to come out, he pushes it back in and holds it there.

Oh, and at a week and one day old his umbilical cord stumpy fell off. It reminded me of the Pinocchio movie when he sings, "I've got no strings on me!"

(Side note) I'm working on a birth story... Stay tuned!

My cousin gave us a diaper cake and in it was a ton of great stuff along with these really cute boxing gloves. I thought they were just a decoration, but they're actually baby gloves. I put them on Joey for a little while, but since they're so puffy, they're a bit to heavy for him. So here are a few pics.






In the white corner, wearing (preemie) Spiderman trunks and Blue boxing gloves,
JOEYYYYYY GON-ZA-LES!


"Put up your dukes!"



"My punches are too fast for pictures!"

5 comments:

greyladybg said...

Jennie,
Oh goodness, he may be the cutest thing I have ever seen! I'm so glad that you survived your first week at home and it only get's better from here!
Sarah

Jenna said...

he is soooo cute!!!!!! I love the pics!!! Those gloves are adorable.. if he turns into a boxer in later years those pics will be priceless!!!!

Jenn said...

Jennie - what a cutie-pa-tootie! Love the gloves and glad to hear you are holding up - don't worry - he will sleep through the night before you know it!

Kirsten said...

He is precious...love those little gloves!!! And congrats on making it through the first week; it is by far the most difficult in my opinion! I sure wish my girls could hold on to their pacifiers...they are fine until it pops out and then they cry. Maybe little Joey can teach them a thing or two!!!

Anonymous said...

Jenie, he is so cute! I am so happy for you. I dont know how many times I can say that. You must be in your glory right now. Wow. He is truly a miracle.