Wednesday, September 26, 2007

2 Week Check-up & pics

I guess I'm down to posting once a week... I'm just so darn busy. Half of the time I can't tell if I'm awake or asleep... Sleep has been pretty much non-existant this week. But as an Infertile Graduate, I'd never complain.
My little Jo-Jo had two appointments this past week. He went in for his 2 week check up and he cried like I've never heard him cry before when the nurse poked his heal. When the nurse was pinching his heal trying to get blood to put on a card, and he was so mad he was kicking her with his other foot. Poor little guy... She measured him and he grew! In two weeks he grew 1 and a 1/4 inch. But the upsetting part is that he lost weight. Pediatrician said its normal for infants to lose, but I have to say I felt like crap. Joey was born weighing 5 lbs. 8 oz. and he was down to weighing 5 lbs. 4 1/2 oz. So his Ped. scheduled a follow-up appt for another weigh-in four days later. He also suggested we slack off on brea.stfeeding, and supplement with Sim!lac Isomil (soy product) because he noticed that Joey had spit up quite a bit in his office. So we did. We went back yesterday for his follow-up and he gained. We were aiming at getting him at least back to his birth weight, and he did it. He actually surpassed it! He's now weighing 6 lbs. 5 oz. and I'm so proud of him.
Here's a picture of him all bundled up on his way to his 1st Dr. appointment.


Joey's newest trick: Ok, last week I wasn't sure if him holding his pacifier was intentional or not... We'll this week I'm sure he knows what he's doing. I'm noticing him putting his finger in the hole in the center of his Soothie pacifier. I'm also seeing that when he's pi$$ed off at me for taking to long to get him his bottle, he swats his hand over his mouth shooting that pacifier across the room and HAS to land on the floor. Gah!
Ok... That's all the time I have for now. Little man has me on a tight schedule and its about time for him to eat again.
Here's some pics of this week, I put Joey in the camo outfit Richard got him when he went to Daddy Boot Camp.
"Sgt. Joseph Michael Gonzales reporting for duty."
"Ahhhh-tention!"
"Ok Mom, that's enough pictures!"
WAAAAA!
These last two pictures are a bit personal but I'm going to share them with you all anyways. I'm nursing Joey and the bonding we are doing is unspoken, but is felt so deeply between us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics Jennie. Dont slack on the BFing. LOL. Keep bfing him on schedule when he wants. THEN give him the soy. Ick. My kids used to smell like potatoes on all that soy. LOL. He is adorable in his lil outfit. How are YOU feeling? How are you healing? I miss your email updates but love coming here to see all your pics and stories.

Jenn said...

Beautiful, Just Beautiful!

Sharee said...

I agree with Lauren ... please read "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" or check out the articles on Le Leche League website ...the first 6 wks are crucial for establishing your milk supply ...

You'll get your energy back soon enough ...love the pics!

Hugs

greyladybg said...

I agree with the rest of the ladies, keep on breastfeeding. If he will take Isomil after he's done, then let him have some. Otherwise, BF whenever he wants. He'll do fine.
How are you feeling? Have you had a post op visit yet?
As for the synthroid and the blood draws, my PCP is very very conservative and makes me get blood drawn ALL the time. I think each dr. does things a little differently.
I love seeing your pictures. He's so beautiful. Isn't awesome how your life has changed!

Kirsten said...

I love his little army outfit!! Once they pass their birthweight, you will be surprised how quickly they put on the pounds. I haven't had Chayse weighed in a few weeks but I just know she's nearly 11 or 12 pounds by now because she's gotten so heavy.
Glad y'all are moving right along!