Tuesday, September 04, 2007

This is it.

Our little get together went really well, my parents, in-laws, BIL & family and sister & family came over. Our priest arrived around 9:00am and we began the morning in prayer. It was really nice. He placed his hand on my head and blessed me, then placed a hand on my belly to give our son a blessing and right when he did he caught a nice little kick. We all had our heads bowed, and when I felt the kick it broke my concentration and made me smile. But that's ok, because when I peeked over at the priest he was still mid-smile too. After the blessings I received the Eucharist, and it felt so cleansing. It had been so long since I've received it, I almost forgot how much I missed it. It really gave me the push I was needing to get through these last few days. Before the priest left he blessed everyone here in prayer, and he walked from room to room to blessing our house. He couldn't stay very long because he had Mass to deliver at the church, so we packed him a plate to go. My goodness did we have a lot of food here. My MIL made homemade tortillas, a fresh pot of beans, and eggs & chorizo (Mexican sausage). My dad made barbacoa & langua (beef & cow tongue), guacamole and fresh salsa. My sister made pancakes & banana pancakes. My BIL brought over empanadas, pan dulce (Mexican sweet bread & pastries) a chocolate cake and a double crusted apple pie... I could go on & on, it was all SO good. We all ate, visited and it turned out to be a nice little family get-together.

Yesterday I had my last OB appt. It was a long one, but it went well. We basically went over all the plans for the c-section & after care. We also did a Group B Strep screening. I tested positive with my previous pregnancy so I'm sure this time will probably be positive again, but either way I'm sure to be given antibiotics just in case.

And today I had an appt at the hospital to get registered, sign all consents, blood draw, ect. I did get to speak with the anesthesiologist, and got the run down about what's gonna happen tomorrow. So now we're all set. I have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 5:30am and we're having our baby boy at 7:30am. I just can't believe its finally here... I can't seem to wrap my brain around it, it so funny. I'm ready, really excited a bit little nervous (not to much though) but it just doesn't seem real. I'm having a baby. I, I am having a baby. I AM having a baby... I really am gonna have a baby.... I could say it a million times and still it doesn't seem real. And tomorrow is the big day! I try to think of what this is gonna be like and I just can't imagine what its gonna to feel like to hold him, and to hear his little cry.

Ok, I'm gonna stop before I start crying. (whew)

Ok gals. I better go now. By tomorrow afternoon I'm gonna try to get a pic posted, if there's not one here yet then check the comments and I'll have Jenna post the stats for you all.

Wish me luck.

See ya on the flip side!

5 comments:

Nurse Lochia said...

Congratulations! Doesn't it seem like time went by very quickly now that there are only hours left to go?! Good luck tomorrow and try to get some rest tonight (although knowing that in a few hours you'll have your baby in your arms usually makes that last night of sleep a bit tough :)Congratulations and God bless.

greyladybg said...

Just think, next time you post, it will be with pictures of your son! I wish the best of luck tomorrow and pray that everything will go well. Try to rest tonight and enjoy this night with your husband. We will all be waiting and praying!
xoxo
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I have been following your post and just wanted to say am very happy for you and wish you all the best with everything :) Congratulations in advance ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Bedrest over tomorrow!! How wonderful you'll meet your little boy soon! Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Saw the beautiful baby pics!! well done Mum!! :)