Friday, August 31, 2007

Our 6th year Wedding Anniversary

September 1, 2001
Two young crazy kids in-love took the plunge.

We got married a few days after Tropical Storm Allison dumped 37 inches of rain & flooded the roads forcing my sister, parents and I to evacuate to higher grounds, which happened to be into my new one bedroom apartment that was unfurnished (except for one bed & a couch.) Its was a disaster. The morning of my wedding day it rained and I cried. My mom trying to comfort me told me its Good Luck (whatever) but I just knew no one would be able to make it with the floods and barricaded roads. But by the time I got to the church there was this beautiful rainbow in the sky, something I'll never forget. It was there to remind me that our Lord made Noah and his descendants an everlasting promise, that after each storm there would be a rainbow. (Gen. 9:1-17)

The wedding ceremony & reception went off with out a hitch. Despite the floods & closed roads our church and reception venue was filled with family and friends and I couldn't have been more happy. It truly was the most perfect day that every little girl dreams of.

Skipping ahead 3 (wonderful) years, we began TTC. Figuratively, that was our bad flood. The flood of emotions, infertility and continuous heartbreaks after each pregnancy loss. I never thought we'd ever see a rainbow or an end to these tragic painful years of trying to have a baby and failing.

Here we are 6 years later, celebrating not only our anniversary but now we are about to see the rainbow we have been waiting so long for.

Our son.

Thank God.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Happy Anniversary, I thought about calling but it is still very early and I am sure you stayed up late last night.
I didn't remember that about your wedding day, I am sure we have talked about it before but I didn't remember it. The end of your blog was really beautiful... it made me teary eyed. You guys are so lucky to have each other and i can't wait for (baby's name) to come into your life, he is going to be such a blessing.

Kirsten said...

Happy belated anniversary!! What a story you have...and what a beautiful chapter you are about to begin in just a few days :)

greyladybg said...

Two days Jennie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaded Girl said...

i couldn't be happier for you or any other woman in your situation. I lost my child at 22 wks.

i am getting ready to ttc.

God bless you, your marriage and your son.