Wednesday, August 15, 2007

33wks.

Thirty three weeks, can you believe it?! Just 3 weeks to go!
(Give and take a few days, since we haven't set a date yet.)

This week has been a good week. I've been getting up a little more, rotating from the bed to the couch, then to the recliner. Its been nice. My back and hips are feeling a lot less achey which makes me one happy, waddling-around, big bellied gal.

I've had quite of bit of company these days. My grandma came over to visit because she told my mom she wanted to see me pregnant. My mom told her that I don't got much longer that I will be pregnant, so my mom brought her over and they spent the day with me. My little ol' grandma is so sweet, my mom brought us lunch and when we were done she picked up my plate and started washing dishes, wiping down counters and cleaning my (already clean) kitchen. I begged her to stop, but she insisted. She said she didn't want Richard to have to do anything when he got home from work, except but tend to me.

Then one of my aunts got word that my grandma came to visit me because I'm in my last weeks of this pregnancy, then SHE wanted to come see me too. So yesterday I had her over for lunch. It was nice. I got to give my MIL a break from me & my house and I got to visit with someone else.

Baby update: He's growing, getting heavier and making it quite challenging to get to sleep at night. He seems to be confused as to when its night & day. Right around midnight, whether I'm asleep or awake, he gets a burst of energy. If I'm asleep he wakes me up with his karate kicks, and tumbling. I sometimes snuggle up close and put my belly close to Richard's back while he's asleep to see if his movements are strong enough to wake him up, and they are! Like this morning. The alarm went off at 5:00am, Richard hit snooze, but from 5 till 6 I couldn't go back to sleep because this little guy got the hiccups. And there is no way I could get back to sleep with my belly jumping every few seconds. I just lay there quietly rubbing and rubbing my belly hoping to somehow soothe him so they'd stop. Eventually they did because I dozed off and when I woke up the hiccups were gone.

Nursery news: Richard has been working on the baby's room. We've put it off for long enough, and now that we're just 3 weeks away he's now starting to get it together. (We put off doing the nursery because we were scared and didn't know if this pregnancy was going to work out or not. Guess that's just how a pregnancy after losses goes.) But now that we are getting down to the wire, we're having to work double time to try & finish. We had painted the room before we were pregnant, but we didn't finish the trim. So while he was working on it I snapped a quick picture of Richard after he had pulled up the carpet and was working on the baseboards. But lemme tell you, I got in SO MUCH trouble for getting up, walking over there, and not wearing a breathing mask in that room, just to take this one quick picture. Don't tell Richard I said this but, it was worth it! He finished painting the room and the carpet is gonna be installed this weekend. So right now its not much of a nursery, and probably won't be till after I'm able to go pick out the "perfect" crib & accessories.



7 comments:

Jenna said...

The baby (didn't say it this time) will be here before you know it.. WOW.. I just can't believe it is so soon. I am so excited! It is so cool that he will be here before halloween, i am a little jealous that you will have you little one for all the holidays this year... but I guess mine will be here soon enough too.

Have you decided what halloween costume to put him in or are you going to wait a little while? Sorry halloween is on my brain.. I am craving candy corn and those little pumpkins.

Jen, Rich & Joey said...

Mmmm... Candy corn & little pumpkins. Don't get me cravin' too girl!

Nah, I don't know for sure which costume to put him in yet. He's gonna be so small for halloween, I may put him in the "pea in a pod" costume.

You'll have your little one here in no time too. And on the plus side you'll be in your final months, the hardest months, the BIGGEST months in the coolest part of the year. And THAT is something to be thankful for.

Jenna said...

a pea in the pod costume would be so cute.... I can't wait to see him. That is a big plus.. I would hate to be at the end right now.. it is so hot. Well not today, it is pouring here.

Jenn said...

Hey Jennie - I can't believe there are only three weeks to go - you have done a wonderful job. If you go to buycostumes.com there are Tom Arma costumes for infants - OH My God they are so cute - a little pricey but really you only have two or three halloweens that you can pick their costume out - then they go and get an opinion! LOL

Last Year, Jenny was a big butterly and Nicky was a Tree Frog - with huge eyes on top of his head - I am so going to hear it when I show those pics to his first girlfriend!!! Being a mom is so fun!!!!!

I know you have alot to do but I love all your updates!!!!

greyladybg said...

My son was born in an April, so for his birthday, he wore a Superman costume, but it was just a blue sack with a superman insignia on it. Can you believe that you will have your very own superbaby this year? And by the way, you seriously have one of the best husbands in the world!

Nurse Lochia said...

Can you believe only 3 more weeks? I'm so excited that the big day is so close for you guys. Before you know it, you'll be holding that little boy you've wanted for so long. It really is the best feeling in the world

Jenn said...

Hey Jennie- You will be 34 weeks in two days.......HUGE milestone because:

"Babies born at 34 weeks usually have fairly well-developed lungs and their average size of 5 pounds (2250 grams) and 17.7 inches (45 centimeters) allows them to survive outside the womb without extensive medical intervention."

You are doing a great job!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!