Wednesday, August 08, 2007

32wks

Another week down, and 4 more to go.

Yesterday I had an Ob appt and it went well. Baby's heartbeat was 146 bpm, and my fundal height is maybe two inches below my bust. The nurse was like, "Girlfriend, how are you breathing?!" I answer, "I bearly am." I guess since I'm short (5'2") and I gotta short torso my breathing feels compromised with the pressure and weight of this little guy pressing on my lungs. And laying down isn't helping my breathing or digestion, but I gotta do what I gotta do. Funny but at this rate, if he continues growing like this he's gonna be up under my boo.bies soon! And I'd be the first woman ever to sport a Boobelly! LOL
I digress, back to the appt. My Ob said that since we're getting really close to the end it would be ok for me to ease up in the strict bed rest. I still can't go shopping, but it would be ok if I was to walk around a little in the house, and sit up a little more. She said that should help with my back & hip aches, help my breathing and lessen indigestion. My husband wasn't with me, and since he's the strictest one on me, I was tempted to ask for that in writing! But he understood, and last night I got the privilege of sitting in the recliner for an hour. Ohhh the simple joys I get from sitting down. I'm sure those that have "served time" on bed rest, understand. It was great. So at my next Ob appt (Aug 21st) we're gonna set a date for the c-section. OMG I so can't wait! I've been looking at the month of September, weighing my options as to when would be the perfect birth date. So here's what I got so far:

Sept. 1 - Is our 6 yr Wedding Anniversary
Sept. 3 & 4 - Would be ok
Sept. 5 - Is exactly 36 wks.
Sept. 6 & 7 - Would be good
Sept. 8 - SIL's b-day
Sept 9 & 10 - Would also be good

But of course ANY of those days would be a good day to have a baby. But if I had a choice as to the ideal date I'd say the 7th or 9th simply because its a week after our anniversary, so birthday parties can be planned, as well as Anniversary weekend getaways (much further down the line, of course.) The 10th is ok too, I just don't want anything to close to the 11th because of the tra.degy of 9/11. Not for superstitious reasons, just don't want every birthday to be gloomy or saddened by anniversary of the world's loss of that day.

6 comments:

greyladybg said...

Jennie,
I am so excited for you!!! Your baby boy is almost here. It's so incredible to think that you are thinking about choosing a birthday. I hope these last couple of weeks go quickly and I'm glad you are getting a little relief from the constant bedrest.
Sarah

Jenna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Micah's Mommy and Daddy said...

your blog has inspired me to begin my own after my miscarriage this summer. thank you for sharing your experience and giving me hope during a very sad time in my life.

Lizzie

justrelaxandtryagain.blogspot.com

sleepydba said...

Hey, I was Googling schizencephaly and ran across your blog. My step-daughter, 13 years old, has schizencephaly and she is a wonderful child who just has a few physical challenges (seizure-free by the way) . Good luck with the delivery and with your new baby.

Sharee said...

I am positively thrilled! When you look back you can (almost) say time has flown!!

Hugs!

Kirsten said...

Yay! I am so glad you get a little break from bedrest. After spending only one day on bedrest, I can only imagine how ready you were for a change of scenery/pace/etc.
It's getting so close and you have passed a very crucial milestone at 32 weeks so congrats on that! I hope he stays in as long as possible; you have done such a great job :)