Saturday, August 25, 2007

The 2ww

So just when I thought the 2 week waits are over, their not. Although the kinda 2ww we're in, is very different then the normal kind we're used to. We're in a 2ww for our c-section! We finally set a date, we're having our baby Sept. 7th. YAY!

These past couple of days, I've been so busy, busy, busy from the bed-quarters. I've called the hospital to get my admission papers sent to me, so I don't gotta worry about that when we go in on the big day. I've found the most awesome I mean awwwwesome pediatrician for my son, which is going to work hand-in-hand with my pediatric neurologist. And today (as I'm writing this) my husband is at BBiesRus buying the travel system (carseat & stroller combo) that I ended up finding online. We have our bags packed, baby's clothes blankets and bedding washed, all that we're missing now is... the baby!

I have one more Ob appointment, Sept 4th will be my pre-op appointment and hopefully by then I'll have put together a birth plan. I know, I know, bad me. I haven't done that yet... So if anyone has any suggestions for a c-section birth plan PLEASE send them my way.

4 comments:

Sporty said...

Sorry Jennie...I don't have any suggestions for a birth plan, but I wanted to pop in and let you know how excited I am for you and that I can't wait to see some pics of this sweet little baby!

You are all in my thoughts and prayers! Take care of yourself.

greyladybg said...

Now this is the right kind of 2WW !
As for suggestions, here's a few of mine:
1. Ask for lidocaine when they start your IV ( to numb it)
2. Ask for them to put your catheter in after your spinal and you are nice and numb :)
3. Ask that your husband be able to leave the delivery room after sweet boy goes to the nursery to be able to stay with him.
4. Usually they have a CD player in the section room so you might want to bring some music if there is something special you would like playing when he is born
5. If you are going to breastfeed and he is not able to breastfeed right away, ask for a breast pump and start pumping every three hours while you are awake so that you really stimulate your milk to come in.
Really, I could go on and on. I worked Labor and Delivery for 7 years, so if you come up with any questions, I'd be more than happy to give you my opinion!
I can't wait to little man is here and you can show him off!

Kirsten said...

How exciting!! My girls will be getting their first round of shots on the 7th so we'll be thinking of you on that day, too! I cannot wait!!
I wish I could help with the birth plan but I never had the chance to make one, myself. Just be sure someone's got a camera in there! My absolute favorite shot was taken by one of the docs that was sitting by my side during the whole procedure...he took it of me, Daniel and Landry when I first got to hold her...I love that it includes all of us (well, except Chayse).
This is a WONDERFUL 2 WW!!

Ally said...

I am so happy for ya Jennie...and yes, I agree with the others...this is a good 2 WW. I can't wait to see pics of your son.

Love ya,

Ally