Thursday, July 12, 2007

3 hr GTT

This morning I went in for a 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test. Talk about feeling like a pin cushion, I got stuck 7 times! SEVEN! Now, don't get me wrong I'm no weenie. I have a pretty high threshold for pain, coming from my experience with fertility testing, surgeries, and giving myself fertility injections and progesterone shots. I'm not scared to be stuck. But These. Were. PAINFUL. The phlebotomist warned me by stick #5 that the last ones were gonna make me jump outta my chair, but thankfully I didn't. It hurt like crazy, and now I look like a junkie with bruises on both arms but its all over and I couldn't be more glad.

When I got home I got a call from TX Children's and got good news & bad news. Bad news, they were not able to coordinate the MRI & ultrasound and the consult for the results for the same day. Good news, I won't have to wait to long for the consultation, I can go back the next day to see the Neonatologist & Pediatric surgeon. (I was so worried they'd make me wait & worry the whole weekend.) The scheduling lady said during the consultation the doctors will let me know if surgery is necessary, and if it would need to be done inner-uterine or after the baby is born. (Hopefully neither will be necessary.) So its set.

MRI - Thurs. 7/19 12:00
Ultrasound - 1:30

Consultation - Fri. 7/20 12:45

2 comments:

Nurse Lochia said...

Will keep you in prayers. Hopefully everything will be fine and maybe you can get a little bit of time to enjoy the pregnancy. :) It seems you just haven't gotten a break.

greyladybg said...

Jennie,
I really hope that all goes well next week and you get some much needed good news.
Sarah