Monday, July 09, 2007

GTT & MRI

I got my test results from my Glucose Tolerance Test, and it came back a bit on the high side. So I'll have to go back sometime this week to do a 3 hour GTT. But on a better note, my Torch Titers (bloodwork) came back negative for any infections.

I also got a call from Texas Child.ren's Hospital to start my preliminary paper work over the phone for my upcoming Fetal MRI. Now I just have to wait for a call back from the scheduling department to set up an appt. I was told to "be prepared, this is going to be an all day affair." More than likely we'd have to be there at 10am-5:00pm!!! She said it takes at least an hour and a half for most parts of the day. Which include:
Sign-in & prepping
the Ultrasound
then the MRI
and lastly we'd have a sit down consultation with a Neonatal and Pediatric Surgeon.

I trying to stay optimistic everything is going to be ok, but the thought of speaking with a Neonatal & Pediatric Surgeon has me shaken up. Right now its just a sit down consultation, but really the thought of surgery on my baby... I can't seem to swallow that. I guess my hormones have me a bit on the emotional side, but I'm still trying really hard to hang on to the chance that this will all blow over and our son will be ok. God, I hope its all gonna be ok.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

That will be a long day but hopefully it'll all put your mind at ease. That's definitely the best hospital should you need it. I'm praying for your little guy!

Jenn said...

I am praying that the long day will be worth it to make you feel better. I hope you are holding up ok.

Have a good one.