Monday, December 18, 2006

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

Friday I took the day off...because.... It was my BIRTHDAY!
I turned the big 2-6. I took the day off work and went and got pampered. I got a massage, mani/pedi, eye brows waxed and hair cut. I walked out of the spa feeling like a new woman! I can't believe I got a short hair cut, but its growin on me. It sits on top of my shoulders so its not THAT short, Richard likes it... So that's a good thing. That evening he took me out to dinner at my favorite resteraunt, Joe's Crab Shack, and I had the BIGGEST plate of king crab ever. I ate crab like there was no tomorrow. I absolutely LOVE crab.

Saturday was my parent's 28th wedding anniversary. We gave them reservations to stay a night in a snazy hotel in Galveston in a room over looking the Gulf. And my sister & brothers gave them dinner reservations out on a steam boat tour. Sunday they came back with beautiful pictures and stories to tell. We got together for dinner Sunday evening to give them their gift, and they LOVED IT. When they saw the pictures, tears welled up in my daddy's eyes. It was so sweet. We told them how we all had such a great time together for lunch and at the Galleria how the guys were misbehaving and it was like we were all kids again, enjoying ourselves. It really was probably the least expensive gift we've ever given to them, but seeing the looks on their faces, said it all. It really meant the a lot to them. We had so many great pics from that afternoon, we made my mom a "brag book" and we filled it up with all the rest of the pictures.

This morning my husband woke up and said, "Its Sunday, right??" I hate it when that happens. This weekend flew by so fast, we needed one more day to sleep in. We just had a really busy weekend. In between times were spent last minute Christmas shopping, and cleaning... I'm tired. But I have to say, my hair looks GREAT! lol.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful day...it's amazing what a new haircut can do!! I've been meaning to cut mine off for a few months now. And Joe's...yum. Do you like crawfish? I can't wait for them to be in season.
I'm glad the pictures meant so much to your parents (and that is awesome that they've been together for 28 years...very special).
Have a great week (you know you can still celebrate your birthday this week, right?!?!)