Friday, December 01, 2006

"tars in da ky"

Earlier this week my sister showed my nephew (Jacob 20mth old) the stars. She told him that God made the sky and the stars... She told him that his cousin Erik is up there in heaven, and he is the brightest star in the sky, as she pointed towards the sky. Well. Last night she asked Jacob, just to see if he was listening, and if he remembered what they had talked about. She asked him, "Jacob, where is Erik?" And he told her, in his own little words, "tars in da ky" as he pointed up. Apparently he was listening. When my sister told me this, I had to fight back the tears. Happy Tears, that is. I was so happy to know that my baby is being talked about, loved and remembered. Its heartwarming. And it was a very proud mommy moment for me. I don't get many proud mommy moments, but when I do it stays with me for a long time.

Well, my sister told me they named their baby. His name is going to be, Lucas Levy(pronounced Levi) and her Dr. said Lucas already weighs 7 ounces. She said they chose the names because they're both biblical names, and since her other son's first & middle name start w/the same letter (Jacob Jude), they thought they'd keep that going.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

You deserve to have a proud mommy moments, I wish that you could have more of them.