Thursday, October 11, 2007

5th week

Today my little munchkin is 5 weeks.

Lots of good stuff is going on. But bad news first. I'm dreading going back to work. I mean really, really dreading it. Anytime anyone asks me if I'm ready to go back to work I have to change the subject because I end up so emotional and teary eyed talking about it. I'm so not ready to let my son go. My MIL is going to be watching him, so I know he'll be in good hands, but I'm not ready to hand him over to her. I want to be with him 24/7. My MIL has been coming over one or two times a week so I can run errands around town, or just to get outta the house for an hour or so and when I'm gone, I miss him. I know I'm being such a baby about this, but I'm starting to feel separation anxiety just knowing my return-to-work date is approaching. Not working would be great, but isn't possible right now. :( Ok, I can't talk about it anymore or I'm gonna cry again.

On to good stuff.

My little kangaroo is growing. He's filling out and stretching out. He's finally outgrown Preemie clothes and he's into Newborn now. LOL I know, I know Newborn is still really small, but its progress when Preemie used to fit baggy.

Joey's new trick: He LOVES his new bouncer. Seriously, how in the hell did we make it 5 wks without it?! I just put him in it bounce him a little and those turtle brown eyes start getting really sleepy. I don't have any pics of him in it yet. (Surprising since my camera has been attached to my hand every waking moment.)

And the REALLY good news is, my incision is closing! Today I had an appt and my Ob/gyn said we don't have to stuff it with gauze anymore. The skin is the only thing open now and we can stop dressing it so it can close. WOOOO HOOOO! Five weeks of dressing and redressing it twice a day and finally its healing.

One last thing before I go. The other day we were expecting company over our house so I dressed Joey in a polo shirt and khakis and couldn't help but snap a few pictures of him dressed. Well while we were snapping away we caught the most cutest picture by accident. I think he was smacking his lips or something but it looks like a silly smile. Here, I just gotta show you.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a handsome little fella! ;)
Don't be hard on yourself about feeling emotional about returning to work, I think it's a massive transition for you. Take it easy:)

Jenn said...

I totally understand separation anxiety - I had to go back to work after Joey in just 4 1/2 weeks b/c the other girl at my job was in the hospital. It doesn't get better unfortunately but you learn to deal I guess.
We are mom's so Mother's guilt is basically the strongest feeling we will ever encounter.
Just know that (as bad as it sounds) it will be worse on you then on Joey - Squeeze him!

Kirsten said...

Oh I am right there with you about returning to work. I WISH I had family staying with my girls but I have to put them in daycare for now. We'll see how long I can handle that...I might have to beg my mom to retire from teaching!! I'm just trying to remember that they will not ever remember these days and it can only be temporary if I just can't handle it.
My friend went back to work when her baby was 6 weeks and I asked her how she did it and she said "it sucks...the first day is horrible, the second day is horrible, the third day is a tiny bit better and finally you just get into a groove". So, next week is going to be really, really tough for me it seems. Oh well...the heartbreak of being a mommy!!!
He's so cute in his little polo! And, yes, the bouncy is by far the best thing we have in the house for the babies...miracle-worker!!

Brandy said...

I HATED having to return to work so much. I was lucky and had almost 9 weeks off but it wasn't even close to being enough time. That's wonderful that your MIL will be there for you, at least you will have peace of mind knowing he's safe and happy.

Oh and he's an adorable little cutie!! What a great pic!