Monday, October 29, 2007

GI

Going back to my "6 week postpartum" entry, I mentioned I've had 3 attacks and was going in for an ultrasound. Well I got the ultrasound report in and it states that there are no gallstones however the report says 'the liver is echogenic, compatible with grade II fatty infiltrate. No focal lesions are seen, intraheptic biliary ducts are not dialated.' On the bottom of the report it restates I have 'grade II fatty infiltrate of the liver.' Another thing, my CBC (complete blood count) report came attached to the back of the ultrasound report along with a referral to see a Gastroenterologist. The CBC report had 3 things highlighted, apparently my liver enzyme levels are elevated.


Alkaline Phosphatase -- 142 ----normal is 33-115

AST------------------- 156 -------------- 10-30

ALT------------------ 342 --------------- 6-40


This morning at 10:15 I went to the GI dr. and he Rx'ed me Nex.ium along with OTC Vitamin E. We'll see how that helps. Dr. said that normally women that have just had a baby are usually susceptible for fatty cells developing in the liver (because of the weight gain & loss) and for having these attacks. Since the developing baby in utero causes one's organs to shift upward making room for him/her, once the baby is out and the organs begin to 'migrate' back into place that's when issues tend to arise. I'm thinking, "Great! Just what every new mom needs, more issues to face while trying to adjust to having a newborn! That's not right!"
Now I'm scheduled for a Upper Endoscopy for Thursday Nov.15th 7:30am. So we'll see how that goes... hmmm. Sounds like fun.

Also in that 6 week postpartum post I mentioned that Joey has 2 copies of the MTHFR gene mutation. So I've made him an appointment to see a Pedi-Hematologist to discuss what the protocol is going to be for him. So Joey's got an appointment tomorrow at 11:45 at Texas Children's Hosp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there ... what is MTH-something gene mutation thingy? How are you feeling?

Praying for you ...

Sharee