Monday, February 05, 2007

another relaxing weekend

This weekend was pretty low key. Richard had me on house arrest/bed rest again. He thinks that since I work all week and can't be down, on my days off I should rest as much as possible. Oh, now how can I fight that?! lol So I'm doing as "Dr. Hubby" orders and resting & relaxing as much as possible while he waits on me hand & foot. Dam*, I'm so spoiled. ;)

Saturday my BIL invited Richard and my dad to play at some Texas Hold'em tournament. So my sis (and Jacob) & mom came over to hang out at my house. Richard didn't really want to leave me, but I convinced him he needed to get out and enjoy some time with the guys. Just to help him take his mind off some of the stress we've had lately. So he went. They got back around 1:30am and Richard ended up winning 2nd place. He profited $50, so needless to say he had a great time and he came home with a big smile on his face. He was so glad he went, it gave him a chance to relax and play with the guys.

Sunday I wanted to go to church, but Richard didn't want me leaving the house for anything. He said "God will understand, us missing church so I could be on bedrest." I'm sure he's right, but I really felt the need to go and thank God for blessing us. I didn't get to go, but I made sure to say an extra prayer last night. I might stop off at the church on my way home for a little bit.

This morning I was getting dressed and Richard saw me hopping into my jeans. Now girls, SOME of us with "junk in our trunk" like me, gotta jump around to shimmy it all in. lol Yall know what I'm talkin about. We'll that's what I was doing. When I finally got my rear in them, I turned around and saw him staring at me with this hilarious "WTH are you doing?" look on his face. I busted out laughing. I was caught! He told me to "un-jump my happy butt out of those jeans, and put on some maternity jeans." I was like, its way to early for maternity. He didn't seem to hear me, or care. So I grabbed a pair of stretchy maternity jeans. Slid them on with much ease, and found a long enough blouse to cover up the elastic waist band. And he was like, "Now isn't that much better?" Of course I hated to admit it, but it did feel really really comfy... He was like, "Who cares if they're maternity jeans, as long as you and baby can breathe in them, that's all that matters." Ugh, I hate it when he's right.


Tonight's mission: Try on all my jeans and slacks to see which ones I can comfortably fit my hinney in, so I can wear them without Richard thinking I'm strangling myself and baby.
Now THAT should be interesting.

Much Love to all.

2 comments:

Sporty said...

I just wanted to say that I am glad that things are looking up for you. Also, to hell with regular jeans...go for comfort. I hate to say it, but Richard is right.

I can't wait to hear how the u/s goes! Take care. You and the little one will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Chas

Kellie with an "ie" said...

What a wonderfully protective and loving husband you have! Continue to relax and enjoy every single minute, Jennie. You have definitely earned it.