Friday, February 16, 2007

Valentine & Ultrasound 2



On Valentine's we went to the cemetary to take Erik his Valentine I made him, I was so proud of it. Here's a picture of it hanging on my door. I know I'm not great at making bows, but I'm working on it. When we got to the cemetary I was so happy to see that my parents had visited Erik and gave him a froggie balloon holding a heart that said "I love you." It was so cute!
We spent a little time there talkin to Erik, and from there Richard took me out to one of our favorite Mexican resteraunts. Once I got in there I actually had an appetite, which was surprising because my morning sickness has really been wreaking havoc these days. We ate, and once we got home we exchanged gifts. Richard is such a sweetie. He gave me a beautiful Willow Tree statue to add to my collection, the Angel of New Beginnings. He also gave me a really nice box of chocolates, and a book I had mentioned a while back that I wanted.

Yesterday the ultrasound went well. Its so exciting to see our sweet little dumpling growing. "He's" now a whopping 9mm big! RE said baby's measurements are right on track and so is the heartbeat. I was SO relieved. My ultrasound tech is so great, she gave me 7 pictures, all different poses. (Well, they all pretty much look the same because the only real movement is the heartbeat. But I love 'em) I am so glad to have such a nice ultrasound tech, she's the one that monitored my ovaries while we've been ttc (w/injections) and she did all my ultrasounds when I was pregnant with Erik. She's so great. And my ovaries are looking a little better. The residual follicles/cysts have shrunk, slightly. The 66mm one is now a 61mm, the 57 is a 53, the 56 is a 54, and all the 40-30mm ones are now 35mm and under. My ovaries still look like I have one big, huge, uni-ovary but the shrinkage is a good sign. And the swelling in my tummy has gone down some. I can fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans without having to hop around.

So yall. Here's one of the pictures I got yesterday.
(Isn't my little babycakes so CUTE!)




3 comments:

Kellie with an "ie" said...

What a beautiful Valentine you made for your son! I can see alot of effort and love went into it.

I am so thrilled with all of your good news. Congratulations and continued good health to you and the baby! I'll be checking back often.

Ally said...

Congrats Jennie! :)

Sporty said...

The Valentine that you made for Erik is beautiful.

I am so glad that your u/s went great! Your babycakes is a cutie!

Congrats again.