Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I got a tattoo


Here's a pic of my new tattoo. Its my memorial tattoo I got June 1st, on the one year anniv. of Erik's funeral & burial. These are Erik's footprints. I had them the done at the exact size, shape and detail. I got two two twinkles in honor of my first two babies we lost at 7 weeks. And the other two tiny sparkles are mine & my husband's hope for children in our future. I got the tattoo on my back, left shoulder blade. I chose that spot because my losses are behind me, but they are and forever will be in my heart. I'll never forget my angels, and this way I will always have them with me. This was my first tattoo. I was so scared, but I've been wanting it for a long time and it really wasn't all that bad. The first 10 minutes was pretty intense, but the last 2o minutes of it was a breeze. I just closed my eyes are thought of all the beautiful memories I had being pregnant with my three babies. Each one of them was different. I thanked God for giving me the blessings of pregnancy and allowing me to briefly feel what it like to be a mom, even if it was only for a little while. These babies showed me what it was to love instantly, because I didn't think that was possible before them. I thought I'd have to grow to love, but once I saw each baby in ultrasound, that changed my way of thinking. I LOVE this tattoo. Its something I know I will forever love.

I don't see myself getting any more tattoos, I guess because I don't see any reason to get another. My memorial tattoo means so much to me, getting a tattoo just for the sake of getting one doesn't seem like something I'd do. (No offense to those that have "just for fun" tattoos)

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I love your tattoo!! I can't wait to see it in person!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I don't know you.. but that tattoo is beautiful.