Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Son


I talk a lot about my son Erik. So I figured I'd share his resting place with yall. Here's where my son, Erik Michael Gonzales, rests.

I spend so much time out here. Sometimes I take a blanket out there and I lay back on the grass next to him and talk to him. On holidays, we take him fresh flowers, "boy"stuffed animals, and balloons. And we make wishes of gifts for God to give him, that are age appropriate for what he would've been. Its just so peaceful out there. Its so open, and free. I've never felt comfortable in a cemetary before, until my baby was buried here. Here is the place where I feel the closest to him. When I miss him, had a stressful day, got good or bad news, I go here to spend time with him. When I'm there my joys are when his pinwheels goes from a still position to spinning so fast it rattles, my joys are when the sun peeks around from the clouds and casts rays in the sky, my joys are when the sun is setting and he shows me that pink and orange really do look good together, my joys are when the wind blows and dries my tears. Its like he's telling me in his own little way that he hears me, loves me, doesn't want me to cry for him anymore.



I know its hard to see his marker through all the stuffed animals & flowers... But its got a blue bow tied to it, if you didn't see it yet. I just love the big blue bunny. On the star on his blue bunny say's "Jesus love me" and when you press it, it plays the song.

God, I so love this baby, I really do. He was, and will forever be my special little boy. Its amazing the love we have for him. The day of his burial, I let him go. But in my heart I will never let him go.

I wish I could show you what I mean about it being so peaceful. Ya really wouldn't get it, unless you've been there before. Jenna knows what I mean. She's come to visit my son once, and when we left she told me it really is a peaceful place. Its so quiet. Its like the world is in slow motion, but time flies. And the only thing thats around you is grass, the sun and the wind. Its a breath of fresh air, and so relaxing to be there. I used to be scared to be in a cemetary, but that has changed. There's nothing creepy or scary about it. There, I'm surrounded by peace, beauty, and genuine love and there's nothing scary or creepy about that.

Thanks to all that have helped and continue to help me through the grief. I don't know where I'd be without the love and support.



Sleep in heavenly peace.
Erik Michael Gonzales
Born and passed May 27, 2005
at 12:06pm
Weighing 13.6 ounces, 10 inches long

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Thank you for sharing those pictures, his site is beautiful. I'm sorry you ever had to go through losing him though; it's just not fair.
I wanted to send you my personal email...it's kea9946@hotmail.com. My husband took our home laptop for the weekend so I'm not sure when I'll be able to next access my account but hopefully sometime this weekend since I might go to my dad's house.
Have a good one,
Kirsten

Jenna said...

Jennie - He really does have a wonderful resting place. It is very peaceful there and really nice. I know that he loves how much care you take of it. I love the river rocks, and just how peaceful and calm it is. How did it go last night with the phone interview?

Liz said...

What a beautiful and peaceful resting place. You've done a wonderful job. I know he loves all you've done for him. I'm sorry for all you've been through.

Baby Blues said...

I just stumbled across your blog and read your post. I'm sorry you had to go through this. I could picture him smiling down from heaven, thanking you for the beautiful resting place you made for him.