Monday, November 06, 2006

**update** Post Op appt

My appt went well. My RE showed me color pictures of my insides, which btw were AWESOME!!!! I got to see what my ovaries, fallopian tubes & uterus looked like. I do have a pretty uterus, she told me I did a while back, and now that I saw it, I agree. Its so pink & round. It would be even prettier with a baby in there, but oh well. We'll get there.

Q1. What was removed during my surgery?
A. Biopsy report states it was endometrial polyps. Both polyps were removed from the inside of my fallopian tubes. The polyps were acting as veils (like a wedding veil) shielding the opening to my uterus. Kinda like "leaves in the gutters". The sperm can't swim thru it, egg can't get passed it, therefore preventing me from getting pregnant.

Q2. Now that its removed, are my chances increased for a ectopic pregnancy?
A. No, not any higher of a chance as before the surgery.

Q3. What are the chances of this coming back?
A. If we were to have a couple more miscarriages (which of course isn't on the agenda) then there is a chance of the endometrial polyps returning. But other than that, they shouldn't come back. We're gonna keep an eye out for them, just in case.

Q4. What's Next?
A. Wait for AF. Give her 1-2 weeks to make an appearance, and if she's a no show. I'll get a prescription to MAKE her come.

Q5. Once AF starts, what's the plan? Are we gonna do a cycle of just drugs like before? Or are we gonna do an IUI?
A. IUI. There's no sense in putting it off and waiting another month to do it. Doing an IUI will increase our chances greatly now that my tubes are cleared, and now that we know Richard's S/A came out great. There's nothiing holding us back from conceiving... Well, it is up to God's timing of course, but it wouldn't hurt to help things along if we can.

I had a couple other less important Questions that she answered, but all in all. After she did a pelvic exam, looked @ my incisions, she told me I healed very well. And she gave me the Green Light to resume to normal activities, including sex. WOO HOOO!!!


Oh, I almost forgot. She gave me an Rx for metformin. She said I've got a touch of insulin resistance and that should fix me right up.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

So glad everything went well...looks like you are all set!! I think the IUI is a smart move, it can only improve your odds so you might as well go for it. With all the progress you've made, I will be very surprised if there's not a BFP for you SOON!!

Kirsten said...

I got your comment (chunky highlights coming this weekend!!!)...where did you go to school? My husband went to several different schools, mainly in the San Antonio area but we both went to high school in Schulenburg. That would be so cool if you knew him!!!