Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Father's Day - Boot Camp

I gave my husband his Father's Day gift a day early, and paid for him to go to Boot Camp for New Dads. Our hospital offers this class to new dads, four times a year and the next class wouldn't be offered until late October. We're due Oct. 3rd, but doing a C-section the first week of September, so would this was his last chance to go before the baby would be here.

He went to the class that afternoon, and learned so much. He showed me that he learned how to change diapers, strap a baby into a carseat, carry a baby, hand off a baby to someone else, bathe a baby, and so many other really great tips to help me once the baby is here. Richard came home with a Boot Camp t-shirt, a certificate of completion, a folder full of great info for him and I, and most importantly he came home really excited and ready to have a baby. That evening we went through the folder together, and I am so glad that he went. The experience he had is something I'm sure he'll never forget. He said there were about 12-15 other men there, all new dads, and seeing their excitement for their soon-to-be arriving babies, really hyped him up for ours.

Here's a quick pic of a cute camo footsie he bought, his certificate, a handout, and his t-shirt.


3 comments:

Jenna said...

That is so cute, I know that he had a great time. I can't imagine how excited he is now.

greyladybg said...

That's awesome that your local hospital does that. What a great Father's Day gift! Hope you are feeling well. Your cross stitch is coming along well.

Sporty said...

That is really cute Jennie! What a great idea. I don't think that they have anything like that up here.

How are you feeling?

Take care!