Sunday, June 10, 2007

Kick baby, Kick!

This afternoon I noticed that when the baby kicked hard enough, I could actually see my stomach move. My stomach would thrust out in such an unpredictable way, just below my belly button, it was the funniest thing. So I had Richard place his hand on my belly, and we waited. Both of us were silent, breathing so shallow, starring at one another when IT HAPPENED! When his eyes lit up, I just knew he had felt it. It was so amazing. My heart leaped with joy, my husband finally felt his son move. I had been describing the baby's movements, or at least trying to, for some time now. We were so excited that it was now something he too could feel.

I can't even put into words, without falling into a complete pile of blubbery tears, how exciting this was for the both of us. So we laid there together, TV off, in complete silence just waiting for another kick from our little one. It took a while... I could feel little tremors, but he couldn't. Then finally he gave daddy a great big kick, right in the palm of his hand. The tears... They came pouring from my eyes. Happy tears that is.

After today, there's no denying that we now have a little soccer player in there.
Kick, baby KICK!

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

It is such a wonderful thing...first, to feel it for yourself but then to share that moment with your husband. It's a moment I know I'll never forget. Just wait until your little guy starts doing sommersaults in there; it is the strangest, yet most amazing feeling!

Jenn said...

What a wonderful moment!! I think about you all the time. I am so happy to read your updates. Keep up the good work Mommy!

greyladybg said...

Jennie,
That is so fantastic! Nothing cements the reality and the happiness more than sharing those movements together. It makes all of the bedrest and sacrifices worth it!
Sarah

Sharee said...

Now that made me get a little choked up ... I just know how much it means to finally be able to share that moment with your hubby.

I'm so so so so glad that things are progressing for you. I'll continue checking in!

Hugs

Sporty said...

That is so great that Richard was able to feel the baby kick Jennie! I am so happy for ya'll!!!!

Stay in bed, get some rest, and take care of yourself and that little one that you have there.

Take care!
Chasity

Ally said...

WOOWOO...go baby go!!

Kirsten said...

Hey!
Just wanted to answer your question from my blog...I was 22 weeks along when we registered. I went to Target & Babies 'R Us and got most of the stuff but I found it was easier to do a lot of it online because it was categorized and they have "jump start" lists to help you out. Plus, you can see what kind of ratings things get from other parents. I ended up deleting a lot of things I registered for in the store and replacing them with products online. I think it's good to do both though because there are some things that you definitely need to see in person.
Hope that helps!