Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ob appt - 24wk 1 day

Yesterday I had two appts. First, I had planned on doing my one-hour Glucose Test at the lab, and getting out just in time for my Ob/gyn appt. Well, only half of that plan worked out. We got to the lab, waited almost 2 hours, still had six people ahead of me in line, and still hadn't gotten to drink the orange syrup. So I just crossed my name off the list and left.

My Ob was ok that I hadn't gotten it done, she said to just try to go some other time. By that time it was noon and I had been fasting for more than 12 hrs. so I was hungry and dehydrated. My Ob measured my fundal height and it was on track, then she used the doppler to hear baby's heartbeat and just when she'd find it he'd kick it and move away. He did that twice and the second time she felt him kick the doppler from under her hand, and we heard the swish of him swimming away. (lol, little stinker) She said he was probably retaliating because I was fasting to long for his liking. So after the appt we went straight to Chik-fil-a for lunch.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

That is crazy! I can't believe they wouldn't even give you the drink over that whole time. It's not like it's this big procedure or something...geez!! I know that had to be hard with the fasting; I had mine today, too, and waited only about 15 minutes before the drink and that was hard enough! I was starving and so thirsty when we got out of there. Hopefully it'll go better for you next time.
Glad to see the little guy is right on track :)