Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Not so Luck.y Charms

This morning, like many mornings, hubby wakes up early gets dressed leaves all my "necessities" near me like the TV remotes, cell phn, house phn, laptop, cross-stitch project, my outfit for the day, a breakfast bar or po.p tart, snacks, water, ect. and he kisses me & my baby belly then leaves for work. Well this morning, was not much different EXCEPT I didn't want a stinkin pop tart, or breakfast bar. I Wanted Luck.y Charms. So in my most pitiful, sweet, still- half-asleep voice, I ask him to please make me a bowl before he leaves. Him, being the wonderful husband he is, makes me my cereal, kisses me and leaves for work. So here I am, content with my bowl of cereal, propped in "my prison" or what others call a "Bed" and I began to eat my cereal. Mmmm. Marshmellowy goodness. I Love Luck.y Charms... All is going well, when I hear something funny. It's a June bug! Ok, I'm not sure yall are familiar with these gross little things, but they're like little beetles that fly around and run into stuff, and they're EVERYwhere outside come the month of June (hence the name.) So one of these little buggies is In My House! So I'm thinking, "its just one little harmless bug, just ignore 'him', MIL will be here in an hour and she'll take care of him, just ignore the little bug." So I do, or at least I try to. I go back to eating my cereal when that Son of a Biotch lands in my bowl! AHHHHHH! Nearly tossing the bowl in the air, I get so mad, I get up, march over the sink and pour it all out. Now I'm pissed off. That dang bug ruined my breakfast. Determined to have my Luck.y Charms, I grab another bowl and the box and that's when I realize there's no more. That WAS the last of the cereal. Now I'm really pissed off! We have, Honey Bun.ches of Oats, Cocoa Pebb.les, Specia.l K w/strawberries, Frosted Flakes and Honey Smacks, but do I want those kinds????? NOOooooo. I want Luck.y Charms. UGH!

So disgusted with this big ole' mishap I call my husband to tell him what happened, because ya know, it is so important I have to bother him at work. I tell him my story and I can hear him trying to hold back his laugh. He's actually laughing. He's actually laughing, AT ME! So, that's when my emotions come flooding out, and the tears start. Ohhh yes. The tears. All because I wanted my bowl of Luck.y Charms, and that damn bug decided that my bowl looked like a nice landing spot, now I'm crying. (It has to be pregnancy hormones, because nobody that's sane, cries over cereal.) He tries to explain that he's not laughing at me, just at the situation, which by the way isn't any better so we hang up. Not 5 minutes later, as I'm turning on my laptop to blog about this tragic experience, my MIL calls. She tells me that my husband has called, and she's coming over earlier than usual with a new box of... You guessed it.
LU-hu hu-CKY CHAR-har har-MS Baby, OOOOOohhhh Yeahhhhh! Mother In Law's ROCK! She should be here soon with my "magically delicious" cereal so now I'm happy again.
That S-O-B June Bug may have stole my last bowl of cereal, but I'm getting the last laugh!
HA! HA! HAAAAA!

Hope everyone in blogland has a great Tuesday and can start today with a smile. But you better not be laughing at me!

No comments: