Friday, June 08, 2007

Project: Bed Rest





So to pass my time, I've decided to try to do something positive to keep my mind busy. So I've picked up cross stitching, and this is my 1st project. My SIL gave this to me when I was in the hospital with Erik, and after we lost him I stopped working on it. I took a few pics to show you what I'd done, and to document my progress along the way (which isn't much.)

So this is what I'm starting with... Everything that is done here, is what I did 2 yrs ago.




And here's what I've done so far...

Don't laugh. Its not much.






3 comments:

Nurse Lochia said...

Anon, here. I dont know much about VIC, but what I do know is that it's more of a concern if the placenta is over the cervix because if the cervix starts to dilate, the vessels could rupture. I know at the hospital I work at, the public has on-line access to the hospital library and they usually have pretty good stuff. But, sometimes the more you know, the more anxiety it can cause. God has a way of watching over babies, and your little guy has 3 little angels watching, too.

Kirsten said...

I'd love to learn how to cross stitch! I think that will be a great way to help you pass the time and you will always have that memory when you see the finished product. I need a hobby!!
I hope you find further reassurance about VIC; I know how scary it can be. Just know that you are doing the best thing you can for your baby right now and many are praying for you both!

greyladybg said...

Jennie,
Thanks so much for the kind comments you left me. Your cross stitch is going beautifully and I thnk that it is a wonderful way to pass the time (along with blogging of course :)
I had been an L&D nurse for seven years (until January of this year) and I too have never seen a bad outcome from VIC. Most of the time they never even know until the baby is born. I wish you the best of luck and hope that soon you will have a healthy, happy baby in your arms!
Sarah