Friday, August 11, 2006

feeling discouraged

I wonder how much more of this I can endure... Its so draining. No one can TTC forever...
How long is to long? When should we stop? Should we stop?
We've been TTC for 33 months, we've miscarried twice had a D&C with baby # 1, and miscarried naturally with baby #2, and we lost our son at 22 wks due to a uterine infection caused by premature dialation. When is enough, enough?

A part of me wants to quit and accept that we will never have a child of our own, and that I should learn to live and love the childless life. (My husband isn't willing to adopt, yet.)
And another part of me thinks that's a crazy idea, that we will have a baby and that I should never give up that dream... But what if its just that?? A dream.

I so hate this...

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I know this is hard right now. I hope that after you relaxing weekened you are feeling better.

I think, and I hope, when it is time to give up and move on you just know. I know a lot of people that end up I am not going to say giving up, but changing there way, say they wish they had stopped sooner. But I think if they had stopped sooner they would have regreted it.
Of course they would have saved them selfs a lot of pain. But we have to face it, pain and infertility go together.

I hope things get better soon. I am really praying that you get good news.

Love Ya,
Jenna

I can't wait to see you in 5 days!!!!!

Ally said...

I know all too well how you feel Jennie.

If you need to chat, let me know :)

Kirsten said...

Hey there,
I am so sorry the monster was still in there. When I called last week for D's s/a results, they told me to come back in one more time before starting my shots b/c I had a "medium" cyst on the last scan...the one they said I was clear at a few weeks ago. Oh well, I am just praying it's a goner this time.
I know it is so incredibly hard when all of these hurdles come our way...so discouraging...but you just have to try and stay focused on the positive things. We've been TTC for nearly 2 years now and hit so many speed bumps. But on those days that I get calls with good news...the hope that I get and the "high" that I feel knowing we are one step closer...that is priceless. We just have to keep pushing towards our goal. I agree with Jenna that, hopefully, we just know in our hearts when it is time to accept things and move on.
I hope the next 2 weeks on BCP go by very quickly for you and that the monster is long gone at your next u/s.
Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers : )