Monday, August 21, 2006

my relaxing weekend

This weekend was a relaxing one. Friday night Richard played poker with the guys at my sister's house, and I went shopping. So we both got home pretty late. Saturday morning my sister had a "Spa Escape" party at her house and she served brunch. The food was good and the party was so relaxing. Imagine this.... The lights were off, soft music and candles going, we had our warm neck wraps on, cold hydrating eye lid patches, and our feet and hands were being exfoliate in seasalts, and warm lotions. ::Sigh:: Reeeeeeelaxing. It felt amazing. And it was SO needed. I had such a great time, I booked a party at my house. Its gonna be in November, and hopefully I'll be pregnant and needing to relax by then. I couldn't help myself when it came to ordering. I wanted EVERYTHING. I bought the complete cleansing set, and the cold eye lid patch thingys. Saturday night we made it date night, since I was all made up and feeling great. Richard took me to Chili's for dinner, and we went to the movies. Unfortunately we went to the movies at 8 and that's the hour no movies are starting. We didn't want to wait till 9 so we went across the street to the dollar theatre to see if they had any good movies and starting around 8, and they did. So we saw, NACHOOOOOOOO LIBRE!
LOL, it was SOOOOOO funny. I loved it. I laughed so hard, I just love Jack Black. He's hilarious in this movie, if you haven't seen it, ya gotta see it. Just be ready to laugh your butt off. I tell ya, when that movie goes to DVD I'm so getting it!

Changing subject... I think throwing my cycle off by two weeks with birth control is now catching up to me. I'm PMSing so bad. Normally I don't have bad symptoms, but lately I've been having migranes, I'm so bloated, and my back is killing me. Not to mention the huge mountain-like pimple I got on my chin! If all was normal I was suppose to already be done with my period. I just know when I do get my visit from AF, its gonna be awful. Yesterday I had this killer migrane, so Richard, being the sweetest husband he could ever be, told me to lay down and he brought me: two Tylenol extra strength, my cold eye patches from the refrigerator, an ice pack for my head, and a warm blanket. That felt oh so good. I fell asleep for 2 hrs and when I woke up I felt so much better. While I was asleep, he washed dishes, put away the left overs from dinner, took out the trash, and swept and mopped the kitchen. God I love this man. He was so worried that the clanking of the dishes woke me up. I swear, I don't know what I'd do without him.

Today's plans... I'm leaving work at 4:00 to pick up my glasses, and Richard is meeting me there to get his too. Then I'm going to my Wee Care (support group) meeting. I haven't been in a while, so I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Sounds like a great weekend! better than mine!

That spa party sounds so nice! I would have love to have been there!

Kirsten said...

Sounds like a very relaxing weekend! I've been to one spa party and wanted to buy the whole line, too...I just need someone there to do all the work!!!
Sorry about the migraine, I get those, too, and they are horrendous.
My body is out of whack after the BCP, too. I've had AF for over 1.5 weeks now but I think she's finally packing up. Oh, and I have a HUGE zit on my cheek, too, after months of clear skin!!!