Friday, August 11, 2006

There's a monster in my ovary

Last night I took my last "active" birth control pill in the pack. So this morning I went to my RE's office to have an ultrasound to make sure the hormones/bcp have cleared the residual follicles (or what she called non-funtioning follicles/cysts) from my ovaries. First the right ovary... Clear! Sweet music to my ears! One down, one to go.
She moved the "wand" on over to the left ovary....
And there that monster was. It was a little bit smaller this time, but it was still there. From the first glimpse of it, my heart sank. I knew it! Damn ovary! Its shrunk down from a 29mm monster to a 19mm monster. Man! So that means I'm back on the birth control for two more weeks. She said that "should" do the trick. But I'm not gonna believe it till I see it. If for some reason that doesn't do the trick, the next step is surgery to remove that persistant follicle, God I'm praying that's not the next step. But she said surgery is of course the last resort. If we can shrink it down with hormonal treatments to less than a 10mm than we can start Gonal-f again and TTC. If not, then I've gotta have a lap.

In case ya didn't know... Or ya need to be reminded...
Infertilty sucks!!!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I am sorry. After you told me I was talking to my friend. I explained to her what the call had been about. She was like... that sucks.. and I said yes it really does. Then I told her... yeah, there isn't that much good news in infertility.
Infertility really does suck. I really wouldn't wish it on anyone...

I hope that this does the trick. I will be praying like crazy for you.