Monday, August 28, 2006

Had a good weekend

My weekend was great. Friday night Richard and I watched my nephew Jacob. It was so much fun, we played all night. He finally fell asleep in my arms around 11:30pm while watching the Lion King. When my sister and BIL came to pick him up he was fed, bathed, and asleep. She was so happy. So they ended up crashing at our house for the night. Saturday morning I made a big breakfast, and Jacob at lots of fruit. (Good thing his mommy had to change that diaper.) Saturday afternoon Richard took me to the mall, and to lunch at Panera Bread. It was so good. Then we went to Best Buy to talk to them about my washer that's still not fixed (and its been a month), then we went to Borders book store. I got this new book that's GREAT!!!! It was only $17.95 and I haven't put it down since I got it. Its called "Riding the Infertility Rollarcoaster". I'm not a big book worm or anything but this book has me hooked. Its all about the emotional ups & downs of infertility. I really appriciate that the author of the book Isn't a Dr., but she's actually a "infertility survivor". The book is written in her point of view, and there are several couples stories in the book. All with different endings. One used an egg donor, one couple adopted, another quit TTC and has learned to live and love "childfree", and there are a couple of other different endings to the couples journeys. ( I don't wanna give it all away in case ya wanna read it too.) It really is a good book. Right now I'm reading about stress and how it can and did effect the author's second IUI. I'm thinking about taking a couple of days off work after I trigger... It won't hurt to try to lesson the amount of stress I have. Who knows, maybe then it'll work.

Anyhow, on a sour note. My boss is back. POOP! She was suppose to be back Sept 1st, but she shorted her vacation and is back today. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.


Oh and still no signs of AF. I must start before Wednesday or else I'll have to go back to the RE for an ultrasound to see what the hold up is all about. So I'm hoping "she'll" visit today so I can be done by my Anniversary on Friday. We'll see.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I just ordered that book! You are right though, I have to keep the stress low. I'm already letting negative thoughts creep in telling me that it didn't work this cycle and I've got to stop that. It's just so hard to make sense of it all but I guess that is not our place. I can't wait to read the book!!
Glad you had a nice weekend and hope that AF shows soon!!