Thursday, August 31, 2006

Spa Day

So tomorrow for my anniversary I'm having a spa day WOOOO HOOOOO, compliments from my loving husband of 5 years. Tee hee hee, I'm so giddy! At 12:30 I've got an appointment with "Phil" the ::in my nasal-ly voice:: "Plaza Salon's top massage therepist" for a one and a half hour full body massage.
Wait, it gets better. Then, at 2:00 I'll be having my hair done by ::again in my most nasal-ly voice:: "Plaza Salon's award winning hair professional, Arthur" He sounded so flamboiant! I'm no homophob, don't get me wrong, I do have a couple of gay friends and they happen to be the best shopping partners, and they can do my make-up way better than I can. But this guy, wooo, he sounded flamin!!!! So he must be a really great hair stylist.
Oh excuse me, hair pro-fession-al. To be exact.

I am so excited. I can't wait.
Tonight I'm going shopping, I gotta get my hubby a gift. Last weekend while we were in Radio Shack getting batteries for our home phones, he asked me and the girl behind the counter. "What is the 5 year anniversary gift?
Ya know how the 1 yr is paper, two or three year is a clock...
Isn't 5 year the IPOD year?"

That lady and I laughed. I was like "Nooo its not the IPOD year, sorry honey. I think the 5 year gift is the diamond earrings year!" He's so silly! But he's been an excellent husband and best friend to me. And we've been through a lot these past couple of years (infertility and losses) and he has taken it with stride, and he has been my rock. So... I'm gonna get him his IPOD. He wants the 30 Gig one, because it holds a couple thousand songs... So I'm gonna get it for him.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

your such a sweet wife... you are getting him his IPOD... I guess another time you will get those ear rings... It better be this christmas! Last christmas he got the tv, now he's getting the IPOD.. next year better be yours!

Have fun at the spa tomorrow! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Kirsten said...

Sounds great...especially that 1.5 hour massage...heaven!!!!! I tried to talk D into getting a couples massage during our vacation next week but the hotel charges $190 for a 50 minute massage (for two)...ridiculous!!!!
Oh, and only because I have a loathing of all things Apple, I have to tell you that I had major problems with my iPod. I had to get 2 new ones within 8 months and they both crapped out on me. The 2nd one had the EXACT same problems as the first. The Apple salesguy even told me I had a $300 paperweight and there was nothing they would do about it until we got to the 5th or 6th replacement. He proceeded to tell me that he only works at Apple because he likes their computers and he thinks the iPod is all hype...great salesperson.
The iTunes software also crashed D's laptop so there went another $2000, not to mention the money we spent downloading the near 350 songs from iTunes. Unfortunately, I did some research and the problems I had are very common (hence the 5th or 6th replacement). I'm not sure if they even offer a warranty but check it out. Hopefully you guys will have better luck but I just wanted to let you know. Sorry to get on my soapbox but I felt extremely cheated...I wanted an iPod for a year before finally getting one and it was a major dissappointment. Let me know how it goes!

Kirsten said...

It's all coming back to me now...the iPod comes with a one year warranty but be sure to check if they offer an extended warranty (I am sure you knew that since you were the one who clued me in to the extended warranty for the t.v.!)
Sending you good iPod vibes!!