Tuesday, March 13, 2007

4 days Post-Op

And I'm feeling great. I don't really notice or feel anything different after the surgery, I guess because my cervix isn't a part of my body that I encounter everyday. To be quite honest and this may be a little gross but, I am a curious as to what it looks like... You know, like after you get stitches on your arm or leg and its all bandaged up and you can't see it. After a while ya get kinda curious as to what it might look like and ya wanna take a peek... Ok, maybe its just me and I'm gross... But either way, I know I'm to chicken to find out. lol

My post-op appt is this coming Monday, and my next Ob/gyn appt is Next Tuesday. I'm wondering if this next time I'll be able to hear baby's heartbeat. I'm hoping between both visits at least one will let me hear it. Its the most beautiful sound ever... I remember hearing Erik's heart beating everyday for the two weeks I was in the hospital with him. I never got tired of it. It was so amazing to know that our hearts were together in my body and they were the closest they'll ever be. The intense feeling of love and complete joy that hearing that baby's heart is something I just can't explain. It just takes my breath away.

I'm considering ordering/renting a fetal heartbeat doppler... I might check into that later on today. I just don't want to get one, and it freak me out if I can't find the baby's heartbeat... Lord knows, I don't need anymore added worries or stress.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I've been debating about a Doppler, too. I would love to hear the two little heartbeats inside of me every day but I am worried I'd get obsessed with it, like I seem to do with all things health-realted. So, I'm going to try just sticking with my OB visits. I thought they told me that at some point all you need is a stethoscope to hear the beats but I'm sure that's near the end.
Glad you are feeling better!

Sharee said...

With a Doppler I would definitely be obsessing about baby's well-being. Just imagine how frantic I would be on the one day we couldn't find a heartbeat because the baby was in a weird position!

Sporty said...

I had one when I was pregnant with Samantha and I love it. I didn't order it until after I heard the h/b at the drs. office.

I was obsessed and listened almost every day until I could feel her moving. It did scare me a few times when I couldn't find her h/b, but I would take a short break and then try again.

Take care!!!!

Kirsten said...

I just read your comment...hee hee hee...you know, it doesn't bother me when it comes from someone whose been in my shoes, it just irks me to hear it from a fertile who has NO idea what it's taken to get here!! And, don't worry, I'm positive I've said my fair share of things to irk people...like the time I ALMOST told my stepmom to tell her SIL that she could have one of our embryos since we had some frozen (she's had 3 failed IVF cycles)...I couldn't believe I almost said that when I knew better!!
: )

Kellie with an "ie" said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling good and that things went so well with the surgery. Have the rest of a great week!