Thursday, March 15, 2007

Doppler

I looked into about 4 or 5 different fetal doppler rental websites, and think I'm pretty convinced that I'm not going to be getting one. I seems like such a good idea to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat anytime... But after really thinking about it, and talking to my husband about it, we both agree that we could see that it might cause us some unnecessary stress. God forbid, if I couldn't find the baby's heartbeat, I'd probably lose my mind. So, its probably better off that I not put myself, my husband, and more importantly the baby through that kind of stress. I'm sure there are plenty of women out there that love thier dopplers, and that's great... But I just don't think its for someone like me (a compulsive worrier & stresser.) Maybe with the next pregnancy, I'll change my mind... But for this one, I don't really think its for us.
Plus, I'm sure we can find something else to spend the $25-40 a month on.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I agree with you!!! I wanted a doppler as well but I knew if I couldn't find the beat right away - I would be freaking out!!!! It won't be long before you will be feeling your little one move.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to read your updates!!! Keep up the great work!

Kellie with an "ie" said...

I'm an obsessive worrier too, so I'd NEVER be able to rent a doppler. I would constantly be in search of a heartbeat and freak out at every little thing.

Glad you're doing so well!