Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday

Thank to God, we are finally past 12 wks and we're moving right along. (We're 12 wks 5 days) I know we're not "out of the woods" yet, and won't be till our chubby baby is crying in our arms, but I will breathe a little sigh of relief to be done with our 1st trimester. This weekend was one of the best weekends I've had a while. Not because I got to do anything fun, but because the morning sickness eased up and I actually got to eat and keep it all down. I was so happy. Saturday night my sister, her husband and Jacob came over to spend a night at my house. We ate pizza & had root beer (A&W is caffine free) floats, and it was SOOOO good! Not to jinx it, but I'm still feeling pretty good today. One of my really sweet co-workers told me this morning that I was glowing. I laughed and said, its probably because I don't feel so green today. lol

Regarding my last entry (I know this day in age its a touchy subject) but what I will say is... I REALLY do appriciate everyone's opinion, point of view, comments & support. I understand that unfortunately there are ignorant people in this world that will just never change, and we will have to excuse them from time to time and offer up our prayers for them. But I can do my part as future parent to be amoungst the "Newer Generation" of parents that will teach my child(ren) as I have been taught, to love and respect others regardless race, religion, age and/or gender. To me, Racism = Hatered and that is not acceptable by my standards. I guess that's why it bothers me so much when I hear racial slurs or stereotypes, but the chain can and MUST be broken. I know it probably won't be in my time, but hopefully by my great-great-grandchildren's time this world will see itself to be one of unity. I suppose one could be so hopeful...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyyy out of the first trimester.. That baby will be here before you know it and I cant wait to see pictures. If there is anyone who deserves this it is y ou and your husband. I am glad you are feeling better. I am VERY jealous that you had root beer floats.. That sounds SOOO good right now.