Thursday, March 08, 2007

nervous about the cerclage sugery

Tomorrow I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am, for admitting. My surgery is scheduled for 6:30am, and it should take an hour. After the surgery, I'll be sent to the recovery room for 2-3 hrs, then sent home. I have bedrest for 2 days and SHOULD be back to work Monday morning. That is if all goes well.

I'm fricking nervous. I'm trying not to be, I really am... Last night I spent the evening picking out the perfect color polish for my toe nails, and I know the dr.'s couldn't give a rat's as$ but I CARE! Once I finished my toes, I started on my finger nails. I cut them short, and went with clear polish. ( I know through past experience, they like to see the nail beds to look for proper blood flow.) Clear wasn't my first choice for my nails, but I can change it later. For now, it'll be ok.

I'm going to try to get my gal-pal Jenna to post for me once I'm out of surgery and we know all is well. Just cuz I'd hate to leave anyone hanging, wondering how it went.

Please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow...

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Just wanted to let everyone know that the surgery went fine. I just spoke to Jennie and she was on her way home from the hospital. Other than feeling like she was hit by a mac truck she is fine. I am sure that she will post on monday.
~Jenna

Kellie with an "ie" said...

So glad to hear that all went well! I was thinking about you and hoping so. Be sure to take good care of yourself and post when you feel like it.

Kirsten said...

I am glad to see everything went well. I know those first few hours after surgery are NO fun but I'm sure you are doing much, much better today and hopefully almost back to 100%!