Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Date is set

I called my RE's office and scheduled my appointments. Thursday Oct. 19that 1:15pm I have a pre-op appt. I have to watch a dvd about both the surgeries, and sign all consents. Then I have to go next door, to the hospital to sign all consents there.

Surgery day is October 20th at 2:30pm. I have to be there 2 hrs prior for paper work & prepping. I'm taking a half day off work Thursday, all day Friday & Monday. And I should be back to work Tuesday the 24th if all goes well.

But I'm so nervous. I know its not "major" surgery, but it still scares me. I hate going under anesthesia, its so scarey feeling like I have no control over my body. I know ultimately we don't have control, but I like to feel like I do somewhat.
Richard has been so clingy lately. He's home today from work, he's running fever again. He was sick all weekend, and it looks like he's relapsed. He wants me to make him soup, but he doesn't want me to leave his side. He wants me to rub his tummy, and take his temp... I have him so spoiled rotten, but he babys me when I'm sick so I have to baby him too.

Anyhow... Today won't go by fast enough. I'm so ready to go home. My head feels like its gonna explode, with this migraine. Took 2 Advils and its not working fast enough... I'm so impatient.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

That sucks that Richard is still sick... I hope that the medicine kicks in soon.
I know that any surgery is scary, but it will be okay... it will be more than worth in when you are holding your baby in your arms.
I really hope that they find out that it is something simple and easy to fix.

Kirsten said...

We are migraine sisters this week!! Mine has slightly subsided but still hanging on to torture me just a bit. They are HORRIBLE!!!
I had the same anxiety about the anesthesia; it was really the only thing I worried about. But, I have to admit it is kind of cool when you are laying there and they start injecting you and you start feeling really good (nice & drunk!)and then BAM you're out!! Next thing you know, you'll be all done.
I will be praying for a successful surgery for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I took two weeks off, but I think it's because I am a nurse and I on my feet for 12 hours and I have to lift heavy things. I will think of you on your surgery day. Good luck and just remember to rest for the first two days and take your pain medications around the clock. It does make a difference.
(((hugs)))