Monday, October 02, 2006

2 SURGERIES and a partridge in a pear tree.

This afternoon I had a sit down consultation appointment with my Reproductive Endocrinologist Dr. Schnell. It went ok. My start date with her was August 26, 2004, and because we are here over two years later with no baby we're gonna have to start moving a little quicker. Which is fine by me, but still makes be a bit nervous. So here's the plan of action.

Because our last pregnancy was unsuccessful due to the infection, that may have caused some problems. My uterine tissue could be inflamed, not so much to show up on ultrasound or bloodwork, but enough to prohibit implantation for embryo(s). The infection could have also caused adhesions (scar tissue) to develop and can block my fallopean tubes, not allowing egg(s) to ovulate. Oct 16, 2004 I had a hysteroscopy (surgery) to remove a fibroid from my uterine lining which was thought to have been the culprit for my first two miscarriages. Because I have that history that needs to be looked at again. So, in the next two weeks I'm going to have to have 2 surgeries, a hysteroscopy and a laproscopy. Because I need both surgeries, they'll be done one after the other, while I'm under anesthisia. Its an out patient surgery so it'll be done on a Friday morning, and I'll be released that evening. That same day, Richard's gonna have a SA done. So he'll have to provide his "specimen". (If ya know what I mean.) That way by the time I'm healed and ready to attempt the next cycle in a month we'll know how "his guys" are doing.

Once the surgeries are done, I heal. Mid-November we'll attempt another cycle. This time we're going to do an IUI, intrauterine insimination. I'd do my injections just like before to grow the follicles, once they're mature I do the trigger shot and ovuate. (All this is what we've been doing before.) The procedure will be done inner-office and I stay laying down for a while, then I can go back to work. So when the egg(s) comes down, hopefully they meet, hopefully they fertilize and HOPEFULLY they implant in my uterus. And hopefully we can hang on to our sanity for the 9 more months to meet the baby(ies). :)

I'm hopeful, if ya can't tell. Yea, I'm nervous about doing two surgeries at once, but if that's what we have to do... Then by God we will.

P.S. I'll update yall to let you know when the surgery is scheduled for. I'm gonna try to schedule it for the 20th.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

It sounds like you are definitely on the right track!
I also had a hysteroscopy (to remove a polyp)combined with a laparoscopy (to remove more endo)for my last surgical procedure in May. It really wasn't bad at all except that I got a brand new scar after my other two laps!! I don't know why he had to use a third incision but, oh well! I look like a cutting board!!! I think I was under for a total of an hour and a half...the hysteroscopy just took about 20-30 minutes.
Keep those hopes up...you'll be all cleaned out and ready to go in November, just in time to make that holiday baby(ies)!!!

Jenna said...

I know you are a little nervous, but you are doing this for such a good reason... if this is what you have to do for your miracle, it is what you have to do, and there is nothing wrong with it.

I am excited, and very hopeful too!

Kirsten said...

Thanks for your comments; I am TRYING to keep those positive thoughts coming but it's hard!!!
I just wanted to let you know that I will most definitely post my news on Friday. It'll probably be later in the afternoon but I'll be sure to do it.
I appreciate your support!!
:)