Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween Eve

Its not even 10 am yet, and we've all managed to get ourselves on a nice little sugar high here at work. One of the gals brought chocolate cupcakes frosted w/oreo cookie crumbles for dirt and gummie worms, and a couple of 2 liter sodas... We're bad.

This weekend I made my halloween treats for tomorrow's office party. They're super cute! I made (stampin up) cardstock black pocket boxes with embossed shiny orange pumpkins & blk/white gingham ribbon, and orange ribbon. I just LOVE them. I can't wait to give them out. One of the gals I work with does crafts and we have just a tiny bit of friendly competition between us. But my crafts are always better than hers, cause I'm just good like that!
Well I am. Can't a girl toot 'er horn every once in a while?! :) Toot TOOooT!

Today I'm working the second half of the day in a different office. YAY! That office is way closer to home. Maybe I'll pay my hubby a little visit at his work to take him a treat. ME!

Ok woman to women, this abstaining thing is getting really hard. We're not suppose to till after my post-op appt, but I don't know how much longer we can hold out. We almost caved, ok I almost caved yesterday. Richard's been so kissy kissy on me, and its killin' me. I politely asked him to stop, and he's like... "I can't help it, I'm just 'lovin you lots & lots.' (phrase we use from a song in the movie, "That Thing You Do.") This is sad, but seriously last night I prayed for the desire to go away. I ended up falling asleep praying, so I guess God heard me.
Gah, its not suppose to be this tough. I've lived the majority of my life without it, what's my problem that I can't hold off a couple wks?! I'm so weak. If Richard caves, we're in trouble.
Next Monday is my post-op appt. I can't promise that we'll make it till then, but we're definatly gonna try.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

sad part is I got the reference before you told us where it is from.

I will toot your horn too! TooT Toot! I love your crafts!!!!

Good luck with the abstinance... i would cave. Do you still have the stuff in the fridge?

Kirsten said...

You know, we were SOOO good about abstaining for the recommended amount of time but then I read SOO many message boards where most women threw that recommendation right out the window...most caved within days!!
Your treats sound fabulous! I need to get more of the people here involved in things like that, especially since out of 23 employees, 19 of us are women!!! You've inspired me to try my hand at treat-making tonight!
Have a great Halloween!!

Jen, Rich & Joey said...

Jenna, you're awesome for knowing the movie before I told ya where the line came from. Movie Buff!
Thanks for tooting my horn for my crafts.
And Yes, the "STUFF" is chilling in the fridge.

Kirsten,
I tried bribing Richard telling him no one follows Dr.'s orders to the "T", why should we? He won't budge. Its useless.
I'm so proud of my Halloween treats. Hope you have a good time making yours too. Since I do crafts, anytime I get something handmade I know a lot of time & effort went into making it. Yea its easier to buy treats already done, but its so personal to get a handmade one.