Friday, October 06, 2006

funeral

This afternoon we went to Richard's cousin's funeral & burial. Sally was 36 years old, survived by her husband of 6 years and son of18mths. She and her husband TTC for 3 yrs, got pregnant but sadly miscarried. The baby they have now is an IVF baby. Sally passed away on Oct 2nd, from a rare heart disease she was diagnosed with 4 wks ago. Originally her Dr. told her she had a year to live, but God had other plans. The services were nice, but so sad. She was laid to rest at Oak Park cemetary, about 10 yards away from my son. I'm glad my son will have some family near by.

Richard's taking it ok. He's just become extra clingy, which I don't mind. Last night he woke up every couple of hrs and hugged me, or brushed the hair away to kiss my forehead and cheeks. He snuggled up a little more than he usually does... This morning I asked how he was feeling because I didn't think he sleept very well. He said all night he was thinking of what Sally's husband must be going through. And that he hopes he never has to experience that. Death has a way of reminding us that life is short. Anytime someone dies, we always get reminded not to take life for granted, and to tell your loved ones that you love them. I know I don't say it often enough but, I am so grateful for the friends and family I have. Life is hard at times, and I don't know how of if I'd be able to make it without. Life is just to short to take for granted and to hold grudges. Because ya never know if the last "I love you" or "good-bye" you tell someone is the last.

I love you all.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

So sorry to hear about Richard's cousin...it's definitely an eye-opener. I feel so bad for her husband, too. It makes me want to go home and snuggle all day with Daniel. It's hard to not get caught up in the daily grind but we've all got to remember to slow down and take time each day to cherish what we've been given.
Sending love and hugs,
Kirsten