Friday, October 20, 2006

Surgery Day--nervous aimless rambling

Yesterday I went to my pre-op appt and watched 2 dvd's on the surgeries. Both were really good, and pretty informative. The best part is that they actually managed to calm my nerves a little. After the mountain of paperwork was signed at my RE's office I went next door to the hospital to get pre-registered. Man, now THAT was a lot of paperwork & forms... It made me feel like we're closing on another house, how much crap I had to sign & initial. Anywho.
Richard's appointment (to leave his contribution) is at 11:00am at my RE's office, and I have to be at the hospital at 11:30am for check-in. I'm HOPING he'll be "done" by then. He should!

My surgery time got moved up, it was suppose to be at 2:30 and it got moved up to 1:30. The scheduling chick told me that the cerclage surgery she had to do before me, is now gonna be a D&C surgery. My heart sank... Another woman just lost their baby... And I prayed for her.

But I'm feeling ok today. Still nervous, but now its more of a determined feeling. Determined to get this over with so we can move on. I hate worrying. I worried so much I have a nice pimple on my cheek to show for it. DAMN! But I'll be ok... I hope I will... Yea. I'll be ok.

Jenna, if you could ever so kindly to be my contact chica, and post after my surgery is done. I'll have Richard call ya as soon as I wake up. Thanks girlfriend! You're the best!
LOL, like how I ASSUMED you'd say Yes! Heee hee hee. I knew you would.

Anyhow. It's getting close to 9:30 and I'm STARVING!!!!! At 11:54 last night I woke up to have a bowl of Lucky Charms because my cut off time to eat was midnight. It reminded me of being in High School again. Before any competition it was tradition that our dance team would snack on Lucky Charms for Good Luck. Gah, I keep catching myself wondering over to the dang kitchen... I knew I shouldn't of baked those chocolate chip cookies Thursday... They're torturing me! All wrapped up on that cute cookie plate...

I better start getting ready. I can't wear any make-up (dr.'s orders) so I guess I oughta at least do my hair.

I'm glad I did take the day off work... I'd be a basketcase there.

When my RE makes an incision on my stomach she's probably gonne see the butterflies I have in there. lol I'm just so nervous.

Please send your prayers.

Sorry bout the aimless ramblings, its my nerves.

I love you guys, and appriciate all the love, support and most importantly the prayers.

Hugs to all,
Jennie

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Jennie is okay! They found a blockage in her tubes and other stuff... but pretty much the surgery was a sucess, and I think it will help a lot.

Jessigirl said...

Hope you are feeling well Jennie!

Kirsten said...

Glad the surgery was a success!! I hope you are on the road to a quick recovery and ready to make some babies!!