Friday, September 08, 2006

Triggered

Last night I triggered. And it hurt like a son-of-a-biscuit!

Ok, so I mix the solution with the powder (Novrell 10,000iu) then I prepped the meds and injection site. Then I realized what the pharmacist did... CRAP! Apparently my pharmacist got my needle size wrong, instead of giving me a 25 1/2 gauge he gave me a 27 gauge. I know it doesn't sound like a big difference but believe me, it is. For those unfamiliar with needles, the smaller the number the thicker the needle is, the larger the number the thinner the needle is. That thinner needle wasn't gonna let my meds flow easily through it, I persuaded my husband to give me the shot since he did all my other intramuscular injections for me. So he did. Once he stuck me, he was having to fight the meds through the syrenge. It burned so bad. He finally got it all in, and by 9:00 last night I had a nice big purple bruise on my rear end. I iced it down to take the swelling down some so its a little better today, but its sore. Oh the price we pay...

But needless to say, I've triggered and we're ovulating.
Gah, I hope this works...

2 comments:

Jenna said...

owwwh!!!!

Kirsten said...

Yeouch!!! I can imagine the burn right now just thinking about it!! I'll be praying that it works!!!