Friday, September 22, 2006

YAY for Progesterone!

Wednesday night my husband admitted to me that he wasn't hopeful last cycle, but this cycle he is. I'm happy for him but I just don't want him to be so upset if he is shot down by another bfn. As for myself, I'm cautiously hopeful. Of course I'd like to get a bfp, but I'm gonna try to not be to upset if we don't... If that's possible.
The ups & downs of this rollarcoaster ride can be so stressful.
This cycle my sister in law asked me to call her before my every step. She wanted to get a feel of what I go through day by day, with all the shots, and cramps, everything. So I am. I call her before I do anything. Its become a hassel for me (and her too I'm sure) but that is what she asked me to do. She didn't understand any of what I was talking about when I told her all the fertility treatment stuff is stressful. Now she knows. Advising me to "just relax" now seems something totally not possible and now she sees that. Of course she'll never know the beginning of what I'm going through but at least I know I've helped her understand a little bit of what its like going through infertility treatment.
This morning I had an appt at 6:45am for blood work to test my progesterone. It needed to be above a 20 and I got a call back from my RE's office and my progesterone level was a 63.6!!!! WOO HOOO. So if we are successful my progesterone level won't be an issue. Its above the minimum, more like 3X the minimum. :) So we're at least on the right track...
Tuesday's the BIG day to see if we were successful this cycle, or not. I'm gonna poas Sunday (even though Richard asked me not to) just to see what it says. I can't stand the wait anymore. If I can I'll post Sunday to update yall.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I'm SOOO excited for you!! That P4 number is awesome!!!!
And that is so sweet of your SIL. I finally heard from mine this week (she has never called to ask how things are going...just ignores it) and she confessed that she's had a very difficult time knowing if she should call and what she should say.
I will be checking this like crazy on Sunday to see your results!!!