Monday, July 24, 2006

Fun weekend

I had a fun & relaxing weekend. Friday my sister & nephew came over while the guys played a Texas Hold'em Tournament at her house. After we put my nephew asleep, my sister and I ate lots of junk food, and had a couple of Smirnoffs (Twisted black cherry), and we stamped. It was fun. Alcohol and Stampin'up are a GREAT mix! When the guys were done playin they came to our house, ate all our junk food and fell asleep, and that was around 2:45am. So we had a little sleep over. Saturday morning I made a big breakfast and after they left we napped and lazed around the house all day. So yesterday, Richard got up early, and went jogging. I didn't know this but he stopped off at walmart and got his fishing license and some tackle. When he got home he said, "Get your swimsuit on we're going to the beach." YAY! I love to go the beach. So I packed up a picnic basket and we headed out. We went to Seawolf park and Richard fished from noon-3:00 and I layed out and listened to the waves crash against the jetty, and the sea gulls, it was so peaceful. Richard caught 6 fish, 4 medium sized Spanish Macroles, and 2 small Reds. Nothing big enough to keep, but still enough to make it fun. Then we went to Stewart Beach in Galveston. It was so beautiful. The sand was so warm and soft, and the beach was so clean. The water was perfect, it was so refreshing. I was having so much fun I forgot to put on some sunscreen, so needless to say I got a little sunburned. But that's ok. Just being out there with my husband, enjoying him and our time together was just what I needed to get my mind off our TTC issues. When we got home he was being such a sweetheart, he rubbed aloe after-sun lotion on me so my sunburn wouldn't hurt but he did it under my blankets because I was cold. LOL, I know, he has me so spoiled.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

How funny, I had my share of Smirnoff this weekend but Green Apple is my flavor of choice! Those are soooo good.
I'm glad you guys were able to get away for a little bit this weekend and relax; it sounds great and makes me want to drive to Galveston this weekend. I have been wanting to stay at the San Luis there for a while now so I am inspired!

Jenna said...

I am glad that you had a good weekend. I know that you needed it!
I hope that your sunburn heals really fast!