Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Test Results

First I'd like to thank everyone for the many prayers, and welll wishes for this cycle. It meant a lot to me. Thank You.

As some may already know. My blood test came out negative.
I'm ok, just really bummed. I'm really sorry I didn't post yesterday, I just didn't have the drive to do anything except mope around the house. I called into work yesterday so if the news was good I could celebrate with my husband, but if it was negative I could at least be at home and not stressed with working. I'm really glad I took yesterday off. I may make it a habit to take off the day of "the test" so I can be relaxing either way. My appt was at 6:45am, I called into work around 7:45, and I got the results at 9:45. So I met up with my husband for lunch and he could see it in my eyes that I was dissapointed. He just hugged me. Its amazing how a husband's arms could feel so safe and comforting, I thank God for that. He was very supportive. I asked him if he was ok, and he was more worried about me than the results. I asked him if he was ready for another cycle, or if he wanted to take a month off break. He said, which I agree with, that this year is more than half way over. If we want our baby bad enough we have to keep trying. But at any point if our marriage begins to suffer, we'll take a break. Because that's the most important thing.
So my RE's office called back a little later in the day and asked if we were up for another cycle this month and I said yes. So she's gonna up my dose to 150iu of Gonal-F, and this time, right before ovulation we're gonna do a postcoital test. If so some reason our body's fluids aren't compatible (which probably isn't the case because we've been pregnant 3 times, conceiving by sex) then we can do a cycle of IUI. But if our postcoital test comes out ok, we'll ovulate and have sex accordingly.
So all in all, I'm ok. Like I said earlier, I'm just bummed out that this cycle didn't work. Next time I won't test as much, I'll probably still test the day or two before the scheduled because I do feel that seeing a negative helped me prepare myself for a negative blood test.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I am sorry that you got a negative. It is such a bummer. I was really thinking that this cycle was going to be it for you.

I will be praying that the next cycle works and you get that miracle I keep praying for.

Ally said...

I'm sorry Jennie...negatives always suck. Here's to next month!

:)