Friday, July 21, 2006

Road block

So I hit a "road block" in the road of TTC again.
I just got back from my appointment, for a baseline ultrasound and it didn't go so well. I KNEW something was going on with me because I could feel small pinches of pain in my left ovary-area well after I ovulated. And when the pregnancy test came out negative I didn't understand why I was still feeling pain... Well, I was right. Something was definatly still going on in there. In my right ovary I had a 13mm follicle, and in my right ovary I had a (are you sitting down? Of course you are, you're on the computer! ANYWAYS) I had a whopping 29mm follicle. When she told me that, I freaked out! I didn't know they could get that big. Well apparently one has, so its a "non-funtional follicle" which is basically a cyst. So that means, I can't TTC this cycle, and I have to take birth control pills to shrink the follicles down. I HATE BCP! After 3 wks of BCP the follicles should be gone and I have my next appt for an ultrasound to make sure they are gone on August 11th 7:15am. Oh, and the post coital test is gonna have to be postponed too. So I'm out of the race this month... Damn.


I'm having a drink tonight...

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I am sorry, that is such crappy news, you have already waited a year and you guys really didn't need a road block.
Sorry about the news, I hope you are handling it well.

I hope that the slumber party tonight is just what you need! Drink a margarita for me : )

Kirsten said...

Hi there,
I totally feel your pain...I went in for my baseline last week and had a 33 mm cyst...I couldn't believe it was that big!!! So, they put me on BCP for 2 weeks and I go back for my next baseline next Friday. If the cyst is gone, I will stop BCP and then start my injects after four days of no BCP. However, now that my DH has been diagnosed with low motility/morphology, I am not sure that I will be able to do the injects that soon, so we're kind of waiting things out, too.
A drink sounds great right about now...I think I'll have one tonight, too!

Kirsten said...

By the way...I am 28 and also married to my high school sweetheart! We will celebrate 6 years of marriage in December.

Ally said...

Damn Jennie...that stinks.

Have a drink for me too!

Jen, Rich & Joey said...

I definatly will.
And I'll toast to better health, and many miracles to come for all of us.

Cheers!