Monday, January 22, 2007

Spotting? - RE appt.

Saturday evening my whole family got together at a nice Italian restaraunt called "Buca Di Peppo" and we had so much fun. We weren't really celebrating anything, we were just getting together to enjoy each other's company, and spend some time together. We ate so much, but still managed to somehow fit dessert in there. So everything was going so well, all the way until we got home. I started spotting pink. I didn't know what to think. Was it AF coming early? Breakthrough bleeding? Implantation bleeding? I was frickin out. I went to lay down and as soon as I did, I caught the world's worst stomach cramp. It was so bad. It felt more like a contraction that wouldn't let up. The cramp was so intense, it brought tears to my eyes. I have a pretty high threshold for pain, but this one nearly sent me over the edge. I was so close to having Richard take me to the emergency room, that's how bad it was. I forced myself to try to go to sleep so I wouldn't feel so much pain, and it worked. Sunday I woke up feeling a little better. The pain began coming in waves, so at least it gave me some time to recover from one wave of pain to the next. I called my RE and she told me to continue taking all meds, rest as much as possible, keep well hydrated, and to call her if anything changed and she'd see me first thing Monday morning.

This morning I went in for an RE consultation. We discussed my symptoms, and she didn't see to be to alarmed. In fact she said that the spotting (since it stopped) may be implantation bleeding. I asked if it was a little late for implantation, and she said no. She said the spotting could also be the progesterone suppositories irratating my cervix causing it to bleed some. But either way we'll have to wait till Wednesday to find out if we're pg, and we'll go from there. The consultation was really for a Plan Of Action, so we put one together for next month IF this first IUI didn't work. The next Plan Of Action isn't much different than this month's, except for adding another medicine; Antegen. (sp?) We'd grow follicles till mature, than take Antegen to stop the growth on the mature follicles to allow time for some others to catch up, then we'd trigger like normal then do another IUI. RE suggests doing 3 IUI's before moving on to IVF. BUT for now, we need to stay positive that we won't need anymore cycles, that this one will be The One.

2 more days till test day. YAY!

2 comments:

Sporty said...

I am glad that you had a nice time with your family, but I am sorry that it ended the way it did.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything will be fine and Wednesday you will get the best news ever.

Take care and I hope to talk to you soon.

Kirsten said...

I love that restaurant...yum!!!
I am sure it was alarming to see spotting but my RE did always warn me that the suppositories could do that. Plus, like you said, it could most definitely be implantation. Only a little bit longer and you'll know for sure!!! Positive, positive, positive!!!!